As the largest fabricator of countertop materials in the Twin Cities, we are always on the lookout for great people. Being a great company with amazing products has allowed us to grow at a very rapid pace. Universal Stone, Inc. is a privately owned family business that specializes in fabricating and installing professional, high-quality granite and marble countertops to customers in the Twin Cities MN metro. We take pride in our amazing price points, speedy fabrication, and installation expertise. These offerings, combined with our exceptional customer service, create an unmatched experience for all our customers and partners. We are looking for the following candidates:
The Measure Technician is responsible to do Jobsite laser measurements for providing accurate digital templates for countertop surfaces. As a Measure Technician, you will travel to the client’s location, capture the required data, with the latest laser measuring devices, and submit all documentation required.
- Measure jobs as scheduled daily and accurately to ensure templates are sent on time to the shop.
- Prepare detailed shop drawings
- Responsible to set the expectations and educate our customers with industry and service provider standards and guidelines
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding performance standards and following procedures related to accuracy and timely measure, uploading all measure files and photos immediately to company CRM.
- Communicate in a professional demeanor with customers over the phone and in person, to provide critical information to the customer concerning the templating and installation process and in turn receive the great voice of customer scores.
- Collaborate with Customer Service Manager, Installation Manager on topics relevant to the job, workload, and service as needed.
- Understand and follow all job site safety rules and regulations.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- 2 years of relevant experience working with home center measures and or construction-related experience requiring measuring and drafting.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Proficient with LT-2D3D Laser Templator
- Auto CAD or similar software
- Knowledge of stone products and differences in natural stone and engineered stone when applied.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with customers.
- Ability to travel/drive locally 100% of the time for long distances between projects throughout designated areas.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (up to 20 pounds).
This employer is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.